The snow of the past weekend is a good reminder that winter will be around for a while. We're fine with it if you are. Here are a couple reasons to cozy up with a glass, some good friends and some food crafted with love and care:
Private Events: Visiting Cafe di Scala is so much more than a place to grab a bite to eat. Our food is in the hands of a James Beard nominated kitchen and an all Italian Wine List which has attracted the attention of both Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast. All of this happens in a Victorian Mansion built in 1880, tucked away in one of the most unique atmospheres in the Metro.
Working with our event planner along with one of our chefs, guests will have the opportunity to custom design their own meal. Regardless if you're looking for an intimate eight course feast paired with wines or a larger party of passed appetizers and creative cocktails, Scala can accommodate private events from 10 to 100.
In addition to offering our gorgeous space for private events, the Scala team offers themed dinner, pasta workshops, Italian Wine tastings and audience participation during the filming of our culinary podcasts. We invite you into our home to be part of the magic!
Here are some of the other notable things happening here this month:
- New Vino: We've added a bunch of great new wines on our reserve list and by the glass list. Check them out on our website HERE.
- Special Dinners: We're doing two special dinners in the coming weeks. See the menu for each below the text of this email. You're invited:
- Valentine's Day February 8. We'll be offering a prix fixe menu with some lovely stuff that Chef Phil and I have come up with. Reservations are required. Call us at515-244-1353.
- Coltibuono Dinner Sunday, February 22. Five course meal celebrating Tuscan wine producer Badia a Coltibuono in Tuscany. You'll have the chance to meet and eat dinner with wine innovator Roberto Stucchi Prinetti and experience his wines with a four course wine tasting dinner. This will also be a prix fixe menu and an extraordinary occasion to meet a wine producer and the food inspired by their exquisite cultivation. Please call us for reservations.
- Beatles Brunch: The band's getting back together. Our Beatles Brunch will be back this Sunday, February 8 from 10-2. Reservations required by calling515-244-1353.
All the best and hope to see you all soon.
Tony & Scala Staff
644 18th Street
Des Moines, IA 50314
P.S. As promised, here are the menus for the special February dinners.
Menu for the Cafe di Scala Valentine's Day Dinner 2/14/15
Menu for the Coltibuono Dinner on 2/22/15: